Chicago’s Leading LASIK and PRK Surgeon
Welcome to Kraff Eye Institute
The Kraff Eye Institute is one of the leading laser vision correction centers in Chicago and the surrounding area. With decades of experience and a commitment to utilizing the latest ophthalmological advances, the Kraff Eye Institute has set the gold standard in eye care. Dr. Colman Kraff is a pioneer in LASIK surgery and specializes in a range of other vision correction procedures including PRK and corneal cross-linking. We also offer our patients the most comprehensive eye exams available, all in the convenience of our state of the art Chicago office. Whether your eye care needs include LASIK eye surgery or a general eye exam, we are a full-service practice providing best in class care.
When it comes to something as important as your eyes, the Kraff Eye Institute knows that experience and safety are what every Chicago LASIK patient looks for. Dr. Colman Kraff has performed tens of thousands of Laser Vision Correction procedures with the highest levels of precision, safety, and patient satisfaction. We utilize only the latest and most sophisticated instruments and techniques at the Kraff Eye Institute for the best results possible.
At the Kraff Eye Institute, we understand that each individual case is unique, and our personalized approach ensures that every Chicago LASIK patient's comfort and progress is regulated with care. Dr. Colman Kraff is committed to your Laser Vision Correction procedure from start to finish.
We offer a no-cost consultation appointment to determine if you are a candidate for Laser Vision Correction surgery, and our Chicago LASIK professionals give you the opportunity to have all of your questions answered before you make this very personal and important decision.
Colman R. Kraff, MD
Innovative laser vision correction
Dr. Colman Kraff is a member of AAO, ASCRS, OIS and ACOS organizations; fellow of the American Board of Ophthalmology; on the Editorial Advisory Board for CRST magazine, International Medical Advisor for Optical Express Europe (Europe’s #1 Laser Eye Surgery Provider) and attending physician at Northwestern Medical Hospital.
Located in Chicago, the Kraff Eye Institute offers its patients a full range of vision correction procedures including LASIK and PRK surgery, corneal cross-linking, lipiflow, cataract, and glaucoma treatment, to name a few. Refractive Lens Exchange and Visian ICL implants are also among our latest vision improvement solutions. Our eye doctors are available for both eye disease treatment and regular vision check-ups. Our experienced ophthalmologists will provide a comprehensive eye exam to diagnose your unique eye health or vision issue and tailor a proper treatment plan for your eyes.
Reviews about Kraff Eye Institute
I’ve got my lasik surgery from them about a week ago after getting a lot of my colleagues’ recommendations. It has really been a pleasant experience working with them so far. My eyes seem to healing properly now, and I’m excited for the next follow-up appointment.Jong Won L.
Would highly suggest lasik with Dr. Kraff. Smooth, pain free operation and his staff is just as good. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating in terms of post op experience. I’ve been blind my entire life and I still am shocked at how well I see. Wish I would have seen Dr. Kraff years agoBrandon K.
Great experience, very happy with the results! I'm a few months out from getting lasik at Kraff and am very happy with the results. The staff was great and Dr. Kraff himself was extremely competent and put all my anxieties to rest.Eva P.
I went here for Lasik with Dr. Kraff. The experience was top notch from the support team to the doctor. The team answered all of my questions and was patient and professional. They have this procedure down - efficient and organized. I am very grateful for my 20/20 vision after wearing contacts for years.Sarah L.
Dr. Kraff and his staff were nothing short of spectacular. HIGHLY recommend using his services for LASIK. The results are absolutely incredible - I now have 20/15 vision and recommend this procedure to anyone who is thinking about this!Adam S.
The Kraft Institute did an incredible job preparing me for the procedure and out lining my regimine for post-op care. Although I was very nervous the lasik was quick and painless. I am so happy to be able to see without glasses for the first time in over a decade. Thanks so much!Claire O.
I got lasik here and it turned out amazing! Very happy with the results and was very pleased with the service at Kraff.Kyle S.
I loved working with the Kraff Eye Institute for my Lasik surgery. I had horrible eye-sight. I went from a -8 and -7 contact prescription to perfect vision! I can't believe it. Highly recommend them.Courtney R.
Kraff Eye Institute frequently asked questions
Which insurance plans do you accept?
- For general ophthalmology services, we accept most major medical insurances, with the exception of HMO plans. The patient is responsible to check with their insurances directly to see if our doctors are within their network.
Where is your office located and which areas do you serve?
- The Kraff Eye Institute is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago at 25 E Washington St. Suite 606. Of course, we serve the entire Chicagoland area, but we also help patients across the state of Illinois and even beyond. As a world-renown ophthalmologist and pioneer in the field of laser eye surgery, many of our patients travel from across the U.S. to have their laser eye surgery performed by Dr. Kraff.
Why choose us for your vision correction surgery?
- Your vision is precious thus when considering laser corrective surgery, it is of the utmost importance to entrust your eyes to the most qualified ophthalmologists. The Kraff Eye Institute is a state of the art, world-renown facility located in the heart of Chicago and Dr. Kraff has been successfully restoring patients’ vision for 35 years and counting.
Here are some reasons for you to choose the Kraff Eye Institute for your laser corrective procedure:
- KEI comprises a team of experienced eye health professionals led by Dr. Kraff, a pioneer in the field of advanced laser surgery. In fact, Dr. Kraff was the first in the Chicagoland area to perform the VISX Excimer Laser procedure and has more than 35 years of ophthalmological experience.
- Over 70,000 Laser Vision Correction procedures using the state-of-the-art VISX laser have been performed at KEI since 1991.
- KEI was one of just ten eye care centers in the U.S. to be part of the FDA’s clinical trials for new laser vision technology.
- Dr. Kraff is recognized across the U.S. for his expertise and success in performing hundreds of advanced laser correction procedures each year.
- Dr. Kraff is a member of a number of ophthalmological societies and associations including American Board of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons, and Ophthalmology Innovation Summit.
- KEI enjoys the highest level of patient satisfaction due to our unparalleled level of patient care using the latest, most sophisticated treatment methods available to date.
Am I a candidate for vision correction?
- Generally speaking, a good candidate for vision correction should be over 18 and generally be in good health. Certain health conditions could present complications, so be sure to disclose any preexisting medical conditions to Dr. Kraff or his team during your consultation. Otherwise, most patients find that they are indeed suitable candidates for LASIK, PRK, or other laser procedures. Contact us to schedule a professional consultation and we will explore your options for restoring your vision and quality of life.