Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Cost in Chicago, IL 2020
In today’s internet-driven world, where vast amounts of information are available at your fingertips, a person can find themselves confused with how pricing varies for a product, or service, which appears the same. We feel that it is important for our patients to understand what is included in our surgical cost and how that sets us apart from our competitors.
How much is the cost of Lasik in Chicago?
For a blade-less iDesign CustomVue LASIK procedure the average cost is between $2000 to $3200 per eye. For a iDesign CustomVue PRK procedure the average cost is between $1600 to $2800 per eye. Cost varies from person to person so the best way to find out what your exact cost of surgery would be is to come in for a no-cost, no-obligation, consultation.
What is included in the cost of LASIK?
Our fee is a global fee, which includes all your pre- and post-operative care for 1 year. The fee also includes the cost of an enhancement procedure, if needed, within the first 2 years from the date of the original treatment. Also included in the fee are measurements taken utilizing iDesign 2.0 software.
Why should I choose you for LASIK surgery?
The iDesign 2.0 is the most advanced, highest definition, way of mapping and treating the cornea. Dr. Kraff helped develop and took part in the 2012 clinical study that helped get the iDesign approved by the FDA. Additional effort helped with the development of iDesign 2.0, which is where the technology stands today. Dr. Kraff has played a key part in developing both LASIK and PRK surgery over the years by working with the FDA on customizing treatments based on the patient’s specific unique characteristics. Dr. Colman Kraff is a pioneer of LASIK and PRK surgery and has participated in dozens of studies over the past 3 decades to help with the advancement of these procedures. With having performed over 70,000 procedures, you will not find another surgeon with as much experience as Dr. Kraff; his experience is second to none.
LASIK procedure cost FAQs
Does insurance cover LASIK?
- LASIK surgery is considered an elective procedure and is not typically covered by major medical insurance plans. However, you can use both HSA and FSA funds towards the cost of the procedure. We also partner with CareCredit to offer patients the best financing options.
Do you offer a custom LASIK procedure and how much does it cost?
- Here at the Kraff Eye Institute, we provide custom LASIK utilizing iDesign 2.0 software. This provides patients with the most advanced, high-definition, custom LASIK procedure available on the market. The best way to determine what your exact cost of surgery will be is to have you come in for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
How many post-op visits are included in the quoted cost?
- All post-operative visits for the 1st year are included in the cost of the procedure.
Do you provide patient references or testimonials?
- Yes! Please, visit our testimonials page to read what patients have to say about their LASIK experience! Also, check out what patients have to say about us on Google reviews, Yelp, and Facebook!
Can you use HSA money for LASIK?
- A patient can use their HSA funds towards the cost of their LASER procedure.
Can you pay for LASIK with FSA?
- FSA funds can be used towards the cost of a patient's LASER surgery.
Fill out all the fields to get an appointment with one of the expert eye doctors in Chicago. Our specialists will reach out to you shortly.